Hi all! Today I wrote a blog post about using the map editor, with some information about how it was designed: http://crongdor.com/2016/06/19/how-the-map-editor-works-in-crongdor/
Crongdor the Barbarian
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In a time before time, out of the mist-cloaked North came the barbarians!
Come to pillage the shadow-haunted temples of the wicked cults of civilisation.
The barbarians were grim, brutal men, with thickly corded muscles.
They spoke in a barking tongue, and were proficient with long sword and javelin.
Let me tell you the tale of the strongest and most valiant of the barbarians.
His name made the mightiest tyrants quake on their thrones.
This is the tale of Crongdor - barbarian, raider, thief!
- Lop off heads, skewer with javelins, and furiously hammer your way through 8 hectic temples.
- Heavy metal theme music from Hornanvasara!
- Entire physics module written for bouncing, rolling decapitated heads.
- Survive dart traps, crushing boulders, and warlock ambushes.
- Topple temple pillars like dominoes with your god-gifted maul.
- Extremely difficult - only true barbarians need apply.
- Wipe the guts off your screen!
- Game progression is casual - an attempt to unlock the next temple takes a few minutes ... but you may need many, many attempts.
- Full C++ / OpenGL source code package (also builds map editor).
- Visit crongdor.com for development insights and forums.
Crongdor released on Steam 15 June 2016. I have added Steam keys for Itch.io customers. Press the 'request key' button to retrieve yours.
- v1.4 - bug fixes, new custom map, improvements to map editor code.
- v1.3 - custom maps option. lots of bug fixes and tweaks. auto blood-clear option in graphics menu. new secrets and sounds. fullscreen handling for 2k+ displays.
- v1.2 - tighter controls. merchant graphics. new cheat codes. minor tweaks and bug fixes.
- v1.1 - all new music! menu colour tweaks. minor bug fixes.
Windows 7/8/10, OS X 10.11, 64-bit Ubuntu (glibc 2.19)
512 MB free RAM
256 MB free hard-disk space
Graphics device supporting OpenGL 3.0 or newer
|Published||1 year ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||2D, 3D, cartoon, Funny, Gore, Hack and Slash, opengl, sourcecode, Top-Down, Violent|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of 3.95€ EUR. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Crongdor's Steam release is tomorrow! I'll add keys to Itch.io as soon as they become available. There will also be a v1.4 update, which includes a number of fixes, binaries of the map editor, and custom map launcher for maps made using the editor.
I just uploaded v1.3 for linux and will add builds for other systems over the next day or so. I'm planning to include the map editor in the next version.
Thanks everyone for voting on the Steam Greenlight page! It got Greenlit, and I'm working on integration with the Steam API and doing some bug fixes and improvements for v1.3. There seems to be some interest in dissecting the game and doing some insight/tutorial videos or written bits so I'll be looking at that next! I'll make sure that I can get Steam keys for itch.io customers.
amazing, answered my question. ill buy the game now :)
im a big fan of your book, ive made the gllog functions from your book. ive got some big plans for them. i had an idea for some bits of code that will make things easier for new opengl devs like me, didnt know how to approach it until i saw that in your book :)
added bits and pieces (icons etc.) for building mac app to source code
major changes to music (and some bug fixes) coming soon in version 1.1
...and done! :) download away, or let the Itch App update automatically.
v1.2 coming with cosmetic improvements, bug fixes, and crisper character movement